Links to other registries
PALGA offers the opportunity to applicants to use data arising from linking data in PALGA to data from another registry.
PALGA contains information about pathological diagnoses. The NKR contains information on the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, as well as on cancer survival. For certain research questions, it may be worthwhile to combine these data sources. Such a link would be worthwhile in the following cases:
1. If additional pathology data on tumours is needed that is not available in the NKR
2. If a pathology history or tumour follow-up in the NKR is needed
3. If the investigator wants to retrieve tumour tissue slides from the NKR for further investigation.
Requests must be submitted to both IKNL and PALGA. Click here for further explanations and examples.
PHARMO Institute (the PHARmacoMOrbidity linkage) links data from various databases, including those used by pharmacists (and hospital pharmacists), hospitals, GPs, and clinical laboratories. It would be worthwhile to use the PHARMO Institute-PALGA linkage in the following cases:
1. Where research is being carried out into the pathological effects of medicinal products
2. Where research is being carried out into the course of a disease, as a result of the use of medicinal products
Requests must be submitted to both PHARMO Institute and PALGA. Click here for further explanations and examples.
Other links can also be established, for example with the DICA, the Twin Registry and STOET. For this purpose, please contact the Data Request Consultants.